Pursuing the Unrealistic

Having a passion for something that may be unrealistic is something that can rub people the wrong way. When it comes to my love for photography, I want to do it for a full time job. I don’t know how I’m going to pursue this dream without having my doubts, because it’s something that is very unrealistic in some ways. Making money with photography is no easy task, and it can take a lot of time to start being financially stable in this field. 


I don’t like telling people that I want to do photography full time after college because the first thing they say is that it is very unrealistic. I’m going to college for Public Relations, and photography is nowhere near this field. The usual thing people say is why I wouldn’t pursue something that has to do with my major. The thing I say is that I’m going to combine the two fields in one. This is why I’m minoring in social media and digital media production, because it will make it more accessible for me to pursue a job in the photography field. I’m taking this goal head on, and not listening to others critical opinion is very important to me.

Comments

Popular Posts