Expensive Gear in Photography

Like any other field, photography comes with its expenses. The gear when it comes to this field is very very pricy, and rightfully so. Buying a nice camera body or lens is going to be costing you anywhere from 600 to 3,000 dollars, that is if you want a quality piece of gear. However, something I had to learn early on is that gear doesn’t make the photographer. It can sure help, but it’s the person behind the camera shooting the pictures. Now of course a camera that costs 3,000 dollars is going to have a higher quality than a 400 dollar camera, but working with what you have is the first step.

When I first started in photography, I went around my college campus and snapped pictures with the phone in my pocket, because I couldn’t yet afford a professional camera. This taught me how to work with what I had at the time and try to take the best pictures possible. They weren’t great compared to actual DSLR cameras, but it was something for me to work with. 

It doesn’t matter what hobby or field you are into, there will always be expensive gear. Starting out many shouldn’t jump in and buy that gear, but work your way up to that point when you can finally afford it. It means a whole lot more when it’s done like this. 

Comments

Popular Posts