Photo Stories Week 6: Being Creative in the Winter

There are many ideas I think of when it comes to photography. Some work out really well, and some are the complete opposite. I just come to expect there are going to be some creative ideas that just fail, and I welcome failure. If I’m not failing then I’m not trying.


One idea I had was very odd, but if I was able to pull the picture off I knew it would be very good. The idea was to have somebody kick water up using their shoe directly at the camera. The only problem with this was the fact my camera could be very damaged because it’s not waterproof. I enjoy taking risks but not when it involves a camera that broke my bank account. I had the idea to take a piece of plastic and put it in front of the camera to protect it. Then have my friend kick up wet snow with his boot so it splashed directly into the frame. Which would create a sense that the water is coming right at the viewer. The outcome was better than I expected.

After some editing, I made the droplets pop out more and made the background more dreary and dark, which made the subject pop. The conditions were perfect for this type of shot because it was in the middle of winter and the snow from the previous night was in the process of melting and it was very slushy. Being creative is not always about everything you make being perfect every time, you have to take risks in order to get better


Comments

  1. I am in love with this picture, Sam! You're creativity is certainly amazing and it is so awesome that you have such a passion for photography. Keep it up because you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ทดลองเล่น Marine88 ป็นเว็บไซต์ที่เชี่ยวชาญด้านการเดิมพันกีฬาและคาสิโนออนไลน์ ซึ่งมีการบริการที่มีคุณภาพและปลอดภัยสำหรับผู้เล่นทุกระดับ PG SLOT ด้วยระบบการเงินที่มั่นคงและรวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts