Photo Stories Week 5: Shoes and Smoke Bombs



Being able to let my creativity run wild is one of the reasons I love photography. The ability to create whatever you want to create without any type of limits or bounds is one of the best aspects about the artform in general.

When I first got into photography, smoke and colors were a running theme in a lot of the pictures I was drawn to. A lot of color is good because it catches the viewer's attention and makes them pay attention to every part of the picture. This is why colored smoke bombs attracted me, because of the detail it could create. I then had to think of another object I could associate the smoke bombs with that was out of the ordinary. So I took an old pair of Converse shoes to put the smoke bomb in and lit it up.

The picture came out way better than I expected it to be. It took multiple tries to light the smoke bomb correctly and place it perfectly in the shoe before the smoke bomb ran out. The purple smoke came out all over the shoe and surrounded the shoe insurmountably.  The background and foreground also set the picture up so well also. I placed the shoes in the bottom of an old skate park where there was a bunch of graffiti and the skyline of Columbus in the background also adds many layers to the picture.


This picture will forever and always be one of the most creative pictures I have taken.

Comments

Popular Posts