What I Learned From my Freshman Year of College

As I wrap up my first year of college, I thought about just how fast time flies by and you don’t even realize it. Back in when I moved in almost nine months ago, I thought I had all the time in world, college was going to last a long time, and I didn’t think to step back and enjoy my first year of college. Now that I have only three years left, I know I have to savor them and not let them go by without me realizing. I know it’s still going to by quick, but I just have to accept I won’t be in college forever. The memories I have made already in my college career have been amazing, but I have also learned many good lessons I can carry with me in the coming years. I have learned procrastination won’t make it in college and I can’t wait until the night before to study for a test or do a project or homework. I have also learned how vital organization is in college. In high school I didn’t ever really have to do write anything down or make a calendar for myself. Agendas were never my best friend, and I never had to work hard at anything. However, when August hit, all my study habits I thought would carry from high school to college came crashing down. I had to take a few bad breaks in order for me to realize I wasn’t in high school anymore, and I had to figure out how to change my habits. Being independent and living on my own however has been one of my favorite things since I have come to college. Caring for myself and doing things on my own have helped me learn so many things if I didn’t come to this college. I know nobody is going to wake me up or tell me when to do my homework, which was hard for me to get used to, but now I enjoy it. These lessons were so beneficial to me and I will carry them with me for the rest of my academic career. 

Comments

  1. This is exactly how I felt after my first year at college. It really was a huge adjustment, but it is a lot of fun. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts