Winter in Ada From a Golfer's Point of View


With the weather being cold and inches of snow on the ground, this is the worst time of the year for a golfer. It's hard for a golfer because golf courses are closed, and it's not really fun to play golf in the snow. This means usually a golfer like me cannot practice or play. However, since I am on the golf team here at Ohio Northern, I have the privilege of being able to use the golf lab in the University's Rec Center. The golf lab is one of the nicest athletic facilities on campus, and it's the place where I spend a lot of my time. The golf room features a state of the art simulator so we are able to hit golf balls and practice. On the simulator, a player can play a variety of different golf courses, or just hit golf balls and have a good time. The golf room also features 16 lockers for the golf team, couches, and tv for just relaxing. The lab also features a state-of-the-art putting green where you can hit putts featuring four holes around the simulator.
I never dreamed that I would be able to use a facility like the golf lab at Ohio Northern. I actually never dreamed I could even play golf in college. After high school, I thought it was over, and I would never play golf competitively again. So when I received the opportunity by the coach here at the college to play on the team, I definitely took advantage of this. Playing on the golf team here has made my college experience here at Ohio Northern University even better. This previous fall, I was able to go to different places around Ohio and play different golf courses I had not played before. The best part about playing in college is we are able to play in both fall and spring, so I have one more season left in my freshman year. Since the fall season went by so fast, I am going to savor these last few tournaments of my freshman year if I am able to play in them because I know they will go by fast. I know these next few years will be a lot of fun and I am very excited for it.

Comments

Popular Posts